PE and Sport Premium
What is Sport Premium?
The Government provides funding of £150 million each academic year to be shared between all Primary Schools nationally. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport.
Sport premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
Schools must spend the funding to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils, but they are free to choose the best of way using of the money. However, the government suggests that school can use funding to:
- hire specialist PE teachers
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with teaching resources to help them teach PE and sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools.
Please see below for more information on how we are using our Sport Premium to improve the quality of PE and Sport provision at St. Vincent’s: