“Caritas Christi Urget Nos –
The love of Christ urges us on, to care for each other and strive for excellence in everything we do.”
At St Vincent’s Catholic Primary School our INTENT is to enable ALL children to thrive through the opportunities we provide them with, including our curriculum. By this we mean:
- Live their lives by the Gospel and Vincentian values instilled in them at school.
- Fulfill their potential and realise the plans for their lives – academic, moral, emotional, spiritual.
- Make good progress from their starting points.
- Develop learning skills for life from a deep and broad knowledge base.
- Be ready and well-prepared for their next steps in life.
- Have high aspirations for themselves and for others.
- Have good communication skills.
- Enjoy their own uniqueness – made in God’s image.
- Be independent in their learning.
- Be confident and happy young people that have a broad understanding and tolerance of the world and others around them.
- Have a strong sense of hope for their future.
- Have a life-long curiosity which gives confidence to ask big questions about the world.
In order to achieve this, it is essential that our CURRICULUM and its IMPLEMENTATION is:
- Rich in experiences and opportunities – involving learning beyond the classroom.
- Purposeful and meaningful.
- Inclusive and accessible for all children.
- Needs driven and relevant to OUR children.
- In line with and supporting our Vincentian values.
- Broad, knowledge based and progressive in skills.
- Exciting and motivating.
- Developing understanding of our community and the world beyond Mill Hill and Edgware.
Our CURRICULUM will not be rigid as we recognise that the needs of children differ and can change. Teachers are sensitive towards this and make changes to CURRICULUM planning where required to ensure that it meets ALL our children’s needs. Children with SEND are well supported and will be engaged in their learning.
Our vision underpins all we do, including our CURRICULUM design and planning. It is essential for children to feel safe, secure and happy in order to achieve their best. We believe that through a Project Based Learning approach focusing on the Vincentian Values, the IMPACT of our curriculum will be that:
Children will be able to look back on their time at St Vincent’s knowing that they had tried to make a practical, positive difference to the world. They will be able to remember specific outcomes and products that they were involved in producing for the greater good, and know that this was because ultimately that is what it means to be a Christian and a Vincentian.