Safeguarding is an umbrella term and covers many more aspects than just child protection.
Child Protection is protecting children from identified risks – originally focused on abuse at home now a wider concept to include bullying, abuse through new technologies etc
Safeguarding extends child protection to include preventing harm and promoting the well being of children.
- Protecting children from maltreatment.
- Preventing impairment of a child’s health or development.
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provisions of safe and effective care.
- Create opportunities to enable children to have optimum life chances in adulthood.
Please find below the link to our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy.
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
- Addendum to Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy during COVID-19
Please also find below links to leaflets provided to us from the Council on safeguarding issues: